A few pictures from our last month or so...
We have really (REALLY) been enjoying watching the landscape turn from summer to fall. Love these thunderclouds in the distance over the turned-fall cornfield behind our house.
Heidi found out that wearing olives is almost as much fun as eating them...
My ever-loyal pancake cook. Except we experimented with french toast that morning.
Nathan helped Daddy assemble our new lawn mower. Mommy mowed the "jungle lawn" a couple days later. Great to have a mower that works after limping along all summer with a partially working one!
On that same day the combine came through the cornfield. I sure love Heidi's body language in this picture! Since the corn has been cut we've been getting flocks of Canadian geese landing back there each night. The kids and I love hearing them calling as they fly over the house and watching them land in the field. We found out we have a whole different view without the tall corn blocking the stores in the distance. We can't quite pretend we are "out in the country" as much as before but its also a whole new place to watch wildlife now that it's down. I saw about 6 deer prance through tonight.
We have been getting quite a bit of rain lately. And now that the big 'ole thunderstorms we had this summer have subsided the kids can play in it to their heart's content. And they do!
I have been very busy growing this baby bump! This week we go for our big 20-week ultrasound. We've decided to wait until delivery to find out the gender...we'll see if baby cooperates with that plan. I have been feeling fantastic for the last couple weeks. My energy has finally come back and for the first time since we've lived here I feel more like myself!!!
Forgive my fake "hurry and take the picture so we aren't late for church smile". We were in a bit of a hurry...
Heidi and I working on her music homework on the back deck. See that newly built deck? It was unsafe when we moved in and we knew that needed to be a top priority right away. We are all finished with it now except for completing the railing down the stairs.
And just to prove to you that this guy still exsists...here is a picture of our one and only September birthday boy! Trent had a birthday on the 22nd and we had a great weekend celebrating by going to Red Robin, a fun church barbeque at the park, and chocolate cake, of course.
5 comments:
Lots of great pictures! I love your cute baby bump! Nathan and Heidi are so cute in their rain gear :). Also, Nathan is looking so old, I can't believe it!
Ok, thanks for the baby bump pic! You look radiant. And gorgeous. And stunning. I miss you.
You are so pretty, Emily. And, that deck looks great - I'm glad it's done and safe for you now.
Happy Fall! Soak some in for us ;)
Oh boy! I was going through pics today and saw some little shots of Nathan...3 years ago Christmas he was just a small fry, now he's so grown up! And Heidi...I was laughing at her putting baby Jesus in her tummy because she was Mary:) Miss you little Munchkins SOOOOOOOO much. I want to enjoy this fall weather we've been having this week. Come back here and play with us! Love you guys!
:)
Post a Comment