Sunday, December 9, 2012

3rd Trimester Already?!


Why is it that the second trimester goes so fast?! Goodness, time has flown and I can't believe I'm entering the third trimester of this pregnancy. I have felt really well for which I am VERY grateful. After a tired, fuzzy-headed, nauseous first trimester around 17 weeks I suddenly felt like myself again. There is nothing like getting a little energy back and finding food appealing again that makes you want to shout from the rooftops. About 20 weeks I felt like my body went into "pregnant mode" and really started growing a baby bump in a hurry. This baby has been really active and I've forgotten how much I enjoy feeling a little one inside, especially before they are so big that it's uncomfortable.
 My favorite foods this time have been pretty similar to my other pregnancies As usual, I enjoy meat and other protein quite a bit but I was also able to enjoy the Thanksgiving pie this weekend, too! Nighttime sleep is pretty important to me right now. If I get less sleep than I need, I definitely feel it the next day. That might have a whole lot to do with the two kiddos who keep me hopping all day long.
I've been feeling well enough to keep up with a workout routine. Nothing too intense but usually walking and aerobics a several times a week. I always notice my energy is quite a bit better if I am sure to get out and move.
I am emotional this pregnancy! Most days I feel like myself but about once a week I have to have myself a good, old fashioned cry. Sometimes there is a legitimate reason and other times I just have to cry. I will be grateful when that pregnancy symptom is a thing of the past :)
I have felt like my nesting has started already. Suddenly I'm in project mode!! I think it has something to do with knowing how time is going to fly with the holidays in the mix.  Room rearranging, closet organization...the list is growing and going to keep me busy.
I will be 30 weeks in a few days but this pic was taken a week or so ago...






Dear Baby,

Do you know how much you are loved? No, I don't think you do. I don't think you will know until you come out and meet us all and see how many hugs, kisses and cuddles are waiting for you here.
Big brother and sister cannot wait to help take care of you. Almost daily they discuss possible situations that will require their sibling love and attention. They like to remind me that when I need to make dinner or make a phone call they will help comfort you and entertain you. It is fun to listen to their schemes. You will be a lucky baby to be an instant member of their "club".
Mommy and Daddy are also very anxiously waiting for your arrival. We have prayed for you and longed for your personality to be a welcome addition to our little family.
We got a sneak peek on the ultrasound a couple weeks ago. It was fun to see you moving around so much. The ultrasound tech printed off a few "snapshots" of your little head that we could take home as a momento. Big sis so proudly studied it the whole way home.
 Keep growing and stay strong little one...we can't wait to meet you.

4 comments:

Dionne said...

You are one cute pregnant momma, Emily! I loved your letter -- so valuable!

Ali said...

adorable! love the little letter you wrote to your new one and you look fabulous!

Alisa said...

Aw, that is so cute! I should do that. And your baby bump is darling! The rest of you looks exactly the same, impressive!

Di said...

Speechless- in awe of you my friend! You're gorgeous, look great, so positive, love the baby letter :) and you even workout! Feeling total slacker here... MISS YOU! <3 you all!