Thursday, January 30, 2014

Before and After


Our home renovation journey has taken up a lot of time and effort the last several months and I wanted to document the details here to remember them.We haven't done the upstairs/master bathroom or the kitchen, with the exception of adding a working range/oven and microwave. Those projects will wait for us in the future. These before photos are from the realtor's listing of the home before we owned it. Thus, the different furniture and artwork. :)




Coming up stairs from entryway. Kitchen ahead through 
saloon doors, living room on the right.
The old railing was a safety hazard as it was low and loose.
We removed the railing and carpet on the stairs.





We added wood banister and stairs and moulding. The baby gate you see on the right is not 
  attached but just a temporary addition to keep our little man safe.


                                                                                                                                                                                 

Before: Looking downstairs to entryway. 

Finished view of entryway tile and stairs.



Before: Living room looking out the front of the house.

Before: Living room looking towards dining area.

Before: Living room looking towards entryway.

We removed the white carpeting, painted, added new flooring.

Adding overhead lighting has made a big difference in this room.





The only change we've made in the kitchen has been to remove these non-working appliances and replace them.


Before: Basement family room
Before: Basement family room looking at wall opposite hearth.
This brown carpet, which I think was original to the home, was partially removed with the sewer flood damage. I wasn't disappointed at all when the insurance company paid for the whole room to have new carpet!
The hallway leading from the garage to the bathroom is now tiled which is great when coming in from working outside.

Looking out windows toward front of house.
Add caption

Basement bathroom. This room was gutted down to the studs after the flood.

Bathroom before.

Vanity before.

Closet before.

New shower surround and floor tile.

New-to-us vanity. Our brother-in-law brought this vanity, as well as lots of doors etc. out from Utah after his home remodel. It just so happened that a lot of what they couldn't use worked perfectly in our home.

Trent's tile design.



It has been so nice to have things functioning again!

6 comments:

Ali said...

Wow! Your house looks amazing! Way to go! Looks like you have a happy life there in Kentucky!

Carrie said...

I am sooooo very impressed!! Your house looks amazing! I can't believe the difference.

Lindsay said...

It looks AMAZING! You all did a great job. We miss you terribly but can't wait to see you in June. :)

the Claytons said...

I love seeing the before and after pictures! You guys really did an amazing job!!!

Di said...

Looks great! Youve done a lot sincei was there!

Alisa said...

It is beautiful! So glad I have been there so I can picture exactly what is where. I LOVE the stairs/banister and entryway tile!! Downstairs looks awesome too, and the flooring int he living room! Ok, I love everything!