It seems like the kids just love our turn to clean the church. I'm happy they get the chance to feel the spirit of service and the satisfaction of contributing to the church building.
There have been several times recently when Trent was working the weekend of our turn.
I felt a little overwhelmed with organizing the efforts of 3 small children and toting a baby around, all while trying to tackle the cleaning list.
I had such a special experience as I prayed for help and encouragement that day. Its as if the Lord assured me that my efforts to clean the church combined with my desires to teach my children the spirit of service would be more than enough to accomplish the task in front of us.
I was so encouraged by the peace I felt and so uplifted by the feeling I left with that day. Did we do a perfect job cleaning the church? I'm quite sure we didn't. But we gave it our best and the Lord magnified those efforts ten fold.

No comments:
Post a Comment