Friday, July 15, 2011

Children's Museum


Daddy had some time off of school last week and boy, did we ever enjoy having him around! Some family time was a much welcomed event for all of us. 
We got some projects done around the house and also just had fun relaxing and having fun. We'd heard great things about the Phoenix Children's Museum and spent one of our days there. It did not disappoint. Both kids loved it and I think Mommy and Daddy loved it just about as much as they did. 
We started the day in the "climber". Basically, a 3-story treehouse type structure. Someone with a lot of imagination created this fun place. 


This was a giant bathtub near the top of the structure. Heidi enjoyed coming up with this pose on her own.

See that giant wall of CD's behind Nathan?


We got down through a series of "switchbacks" that you had to crawl on your hands and knees. The kids thought it was great, obviously, but I was slightly claustrophobic in those tight quarters.



I just loved these fun legs they had hanging out of this boat.


We also loved the art studio. They had a giant castle and just let the kids go to town painting it. It had so many layers of paint on that thing.



They had a little tricycle course and can you see that they loved this trike that Heidi could use to tow Nathan behind her?


One of our favorite stops was the Noodle Forest. It was a forest made completely of swimming noodles. We all acted like kids navigating through there, even the ones who aren't!


Nathan was nearly delirious with joy about it...

A pizza restaurant where the kids served us delicious cuisine...


And last, but certainly not least, a grocery store. Real canned goods (empty) and checkout stands, and a stock room all manned by little ones.


I just love going places with my kids that are designed with them in mind. Every little detail seemed to cater to the imagination of a child and it showed in the fun we had!

4 comments:

Logan and Tanya said...

What a dream outing! :) Looks like a riot!

Sarah and Trent said...

I love that place! I took my sisters there and they loved it also. I also felt claustrophobic in the tunnels in the climber...I miss seeing you! We need to do play group!

Jaclyn said...

it was SO fun having trent with us overnight and I'm glad we were able to provide a hot meal at least once while he's here! he mentioned that you are doing a homeschool preschool program with Heidi.... are you using and specific program? I'm interested in doing one with Bree but don't even know where to start looking for one or making my own.... where did you find Heidi's, or how did you put it together/organize it yourself?

Alisa said...

I LOVE that place. We're going on Saturday!