Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Nathan!

Our little blue-eyed boy turned three yesterday. Heidi has told me for the last week or so that she can't believe he's turning three because she feels like we just brought him home from the hospital. :) I have to say I couldn't agree more!

We were very excited to celebrate his special day with him. We had cousins Oakley and Peyton staying with us which made it all the more exciting.

Anyone who knows Nathan know that he loves anything that involves construction and workers.
So, Daddy made this awesome work site cake. 


 To say he loved it would be an understatement...
 Can you tell his lips are making truck sounds? And can you tell that he was beyond thrilled that Daddy let him dig into the cake with the backhoe?!
 And all those rocks that were being hauled around in that dump truck were chocolate. 






At three you...

Talk nearly non-stop. But you have your quiet, observer side when you want to. 
Have an imagination that takes you wherever you want to go.
Know for a fact that Heidi is your best friend.
Are silly and have a sense of humor. 
Love playing with friends. Especially at the park.
Still take an afternoon nap most days.
Enjoy eating cheerios, oatmeal, pizza, asparagus, oranges, milk, sandwiches.
Love chocolate.

We love you Nathan and cannot imagine life without you. You bring me such sunshine and joy and bless our family in so many ways.


5 comments:

Dacia said...

Ok, that was the sweetest post ever! Almost made me tear up! :) What a cutie. I can't believe he's three, either! And Trent did an AWESOME job on that cake! That's impressive. :)

wisp said...

I love Trent's cakes! Always so fun and creative. :) The time is going by faster and faster. He's such a sweetheart! I love your cute little family. <3

wisp said...

*I mean Nathan is such a sweetheart, by the way. Lol! Though Trent is very nice, too. ;)

Alisa said...

Aw, happy birthday sweet Nathan! The cake was amazing!

Jennifer said...

Wow, that's a phenomenal picture! What a cute boy and I love the b-day cake. Can't believe he's three already!