Sunday, September 16, 2012

First Day of School...

These pictures were taken back in August on our first day of school around here. 

 Heidi: ready as can be to start Kindergarten!

And somehow I couldn't get a picture of just Nathan but I love this pose they came up with on their own. And I also love that Nathan has his worker vest on because that is so representative of our boy.
Our school days are going great so far. They are both enthusiastic students which makes my job fun. Of course, we have our days that are less than ideal but for the most part we are all enjoying our new routine.  
Some subjects I teach them both at the same time- history, science, and also our literature-based learning.
The trick is balancing both of their needs while Heidi does her phonics/language arts, math, handwriting etc. as their needs are obviously different but Nathan wants to be just as involved. As long as Mom has plenty of preschool activities and manipulatives ready for him then it's a good day for all of us. I'm learning how to balance things as we go.

Heidi just started piano lessons last week. I was thrilled when my friend Bridget asked if I would consider teaching her how to play the violin. She teaches piano and so we worked out a trade of our services that makes us both pretty happy! And Heidi is pleased as punch about the prospect of learning the piano. 
This week marks the start of ballet lessons. She's been waiting to start again since her last dance class ended before we moved. She settled on a ballet only class this year as she has decided she enjoys it more than the tap/jazz she took last year. Even though class isn't until Thursday she is in her room as I type this packing her dance bag and getting her leotard ready!

I'm really glad to have these little ones as my side-kicks. Sure love them.

3 comments:

Dacia said...

So fun, Em! Man, what I wouldn't give to come visit y'all right now! It DOES look like a little spot on heaven. :)

the Claytons said...

how fun! I love that Heidi is taking piano :)

Alisa said...

I MIIIIISSSSSSS YOUUUUUU!

I love their little pose together. Almost looks like Nathan has 2 heads.