Friday, March 22, 2013

Wished for, Hoped for, Prayed for...

Matthew has been here with us for 4 weeks now. I know it's cliche to say but WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE? Goodness, the days are just flying by. We were so grateful to have my parents here for the first week of his life. They took excellent care of us. The kids were happy, we were well fed, and my mom sent me to bed for countless naps. What we would have done without them here I'm not exactly sure.
Since then we have been doing our best to find our "new normal" with a new family member. The nice part about baby #3 is there have been relatively few surprises- I feel like I've known what to anticipate as far as newborn care, sleepless nights, birth recovery etc. But there is a fair amount of chaos in just managing the household, the two older kids, and nursing hours everyday and just slowing life down to suit the unpredictable nature of a little newborn boy!  With all the craziness going on around me I can say I really feel an inner peace right now and a lot of joy.
I spent a few years waiting for this little boy. I knew there was a spot in our family waiting just for him and my heart longed for him to join us- especially after two frustrating and disappointing miscarriages. Now that he is here the lessons learned during the waiting are special and have made me appreciate his sweetness and the peace he has brought to our home so very much. He is a blessing!





Welcome to our world!

3 comments:

Ali said...

love this! he is adorable!!

Alisa said...

Aw, the pictures look great! And he is so precious. Can't wait to meet him in less than 2 weeks!

the Claytons said...

I love these pictures! He is sooooo adorable. I'm so glad that he's here :)