Sunday, April 28, 2013

You are Four

Nathan turned 4 on February 28th. Since we do friend parties every other year I was happy that this year was a family party year since baby brother was just a week old! Grandma & Grandpa Clayton were still in town and having them here to celebrate made it extra special.
Nathan helped Grandma bake a cake and then he literally designed and decorated it himself. Completely thrilling for this 4 year old!



He requested hot dogs for his birthday dinner so we served up Nathan's Famous Hotdogs which we all gave rave reviews.






He received an army man set, some trucks, a ball blowing toy and a book. We kept the new toys on the living room floor for a few days and he played and played to his hearts content.

At four:
- You have a huge imagination. Almost daily you "go to work" or are "on call" for your job. Some jobs include- construction worker, crane operator, flower shop owner, University of Kentucky hospital worker, and baby supply store owner.

- You love to play outside. Especially if it involves digging in the dirt.

- You are a sunbeam in Primary and you love it.

- Heidi is still your best friend.

- You have a wonderful sense of humor and think lots of things are really funny.

- Favorite things to eat: peanut butter sandwich (no jelly), chicken, oatmeal, cheerios

- You love to help Dad. You are his shadow whenever you can be.

- Creating things in the kitchen is one of your favorite past times. You will often make a "cake" out of a little flour, water, etc. It usually doesn't come out very edible but you don't seem to mind much.

- You love Baby Matthew. You talk to him like a peer and I love to listen to you explain life to him. You are generally very gentle with him.

- Cuddling with Mommy is something that comes very easily for you and I don't mind one bit!

We love you NATHAN!

3 comments:

the Claytons said...

Love this post! Nathan is the cutest little four year old around! I love his imagination and sense of humor :)

Dacia said...

Can't believe my little Muscle Man is already 4. What a cute kid. I love your posts, Em! And I love you. :)

Alisa said...

Loved this post! I love looking at your pictures even more now that I can picture the layout of your house. Yay for Nathan being 4!