I am not going to lie, March was a blur. We were in full baby hibernation mode. The weather was still quite wintery most days and so we did a lot of staying in and keeping our little universe here at home afloat. Our little Matthew was getting used to the world and we were getting used to our world with him in it. Thankfully, my recovery has been very good. Physically I felt quite good and emotionally I have felt happy- I count this as a tremendous blessing because with Trent's schedule being limiting with how much he is at home I needed to be able to manage on my own quite a bit.
Matthew has two very attentive admirers.
Nathan has slipped into his role as an older brother nearly seamlessly. He sure does love to tell his little buddy all about being a little boy.
Matthew hit a fussy patch between 4-6 weeks old. Evenings were especially difficult. He wasn't usually inconsolable. He just wanted Mommy and required me to learn how to soothe and comfort him. And then magically, just after Matthew turned 5 weeks or so, things got easier. Just like a switched flipped and he became a bit more "awake" and a whole lot happier with life.
2 lifesavers for me during this time:
- Reading the book "Happiest Baby on the Block"- I am not sure how I missed this book with my other babies but boy, I loved it! And Matthew loved the soothing techniques I learned by reading it.
- Finally having a baby carrier that I love and is comfortable. Once I realized he enjoyed being carried in the front carrier soothing him hands-free became much easier.
And the MAJOR lifesaver during this time was the visit from my sister Beth and her daughter Lindsay!
Having them here was just great. Having sister time was wonderful and Beth took wonderful care of us. She fed us, did lots of laundry, and took my kids on fieldtrips, allowing me some quiet resting time.
Lindsay was a dear and she and the kids had a great time playing so hard. I wish I had more pictures from their visit!
2 comments:
Oooh, maybe the next blog post will be us! I need to blog about it as well.
I agree, I felt like March came and went so quickly! And now its basically already June. Where does time go?!?!
Post a Comment