Sunday, June 23, 2013

Heidi's Spring Dance Recital

Our little ballerina had her spring recital at the Lexington Opera House at the end of April. She had been really, really looking forward to the event for months. They had worked hard on their dance to Beauty and the Beast (Tale as Old as Time song) for a long time and she was very thrilled to finally get the chance to wear her beautiful costume that had been waiting in the closet. 

I wondered how she would do up on stage, on the front row, in front of a very large audience. She shined! She smiled and danced her heart out!




Front row, second from the left.
I am proud of how hard she has worked this year to follow her teachers instructions and improve as a little dancer. She takes it very seriously :)

We were so happy it worked out for her little friend Sadie to be in the same class. They enjoyed having a friend in the class and I enjoyed having a mom friend to chat with during the weekly practices!



Our cute neighbor Jenna and her mom Jill came to watch Heidi and even brought her a nice bouquet. She felt like a little princess.  


Wonderful job our little dancer!

2 comments:

wisp said...

Oh my goodness is she adorable! I love it! What a wonderful memory to be made. :)

the Claytons said...

I love how seriously she takes her dancing! The other day i stumbled upon the pictures of her teaching the "dance class" at your parents house, hahaha, I loved that!