The Fathers & Sons annual camp out is much anticipated around here. Nathan got to attend for his first time last year in AZ and had very fond memories of it. It turned out that Trent was on call on the night of this year's camp-out. So Trent decided that he would hope and pray for a quiet call night and pitch the tent in the backyard. Nathan looked forward to it all day and even packed this little paper bag full of his treasures: his blanket and some card games to play with dad. I was praying hard all day that we wouldn't have to face the disappointment of Daddy getting called away and thankfully he was able to be there all night!
The lack of a campfire didn't stop these guys from doing tin foil dinners and roasting marshmallows- on the grill!
It was a very soggy night as it had rained all day. So wet in fact that the actual Fathers & Sons outing put on by the ward was cancelled! But pitch a tent they did and they stayed warm and dry in our backyard.
Nathan is a very lucky boy to have a Daddy who loves him so much!
3 comments:
That is so sweet! What a good father. :) I love the picture of the tent, so cozy. ^_^
aw, I love it! If we had a yard, we would totally do that!
That is so cute! And for sure something Nathan will always remember. I love it! :) Miss and love you guys.
Post a Comment