Unbeknownst to us, Matthew was exposed to the chicken pox when we went to a Cinco de Mayo luncheon. My friend called that night and apologized that she had exposed us. I wasn't too worried about it and gave it very little thought until my boy started to get spotted three weeks later!
I was a little concerned with how he'd handle all the itchiness but he never once scratched, which was completely surprising to me. The doctor prescribed an antibiotic as a precaution for a secondary infection, thinking that he'd be scratching and scratching. He was super spotted but just didn't seem overly miserable. About 4 or so days in, he got a fever and had a very sad day and then had diarrhea for several days (I suspect from the antibiotic) but other than that I was quite surprised with how mild it was. He had his appointment to receive his immunizations that same week but obviously that shot was crossed off the list!
We did have one of the WORST nights with a toddler during the course of this sickness. He woke up in the night and was so upset for a couple hours. The screaming started right as Trent and I were going to bed so we were both stuck awake with a very grumpy boy. After he finally settled, he was being so funny and cute, it was hard to be too upset at him for being a BEAR just a few minutes before.
He started doing this funny "smiling" face for the camera whenever we would say smile and had both Mommy and Daddy laughing hard. Notice the clock in the background says "1:09" AM!? Sigh... it was a party.



2 comments:
Poor little guy. Glad he pulled through like a champ, and better yet we are even more happy he's over it before your TN trip! Can't wait to see you all!
He is so CUTE! I lol'd at that smiling face.
Post a Comment