Thomas had an eventful few weeks.
His skin and scalp have been so sensitive since birth. We battled such a severe case of cradle cap and rashes and about the time that cleared up we had some little break outs associated with milk contacting his skin.
A few days after that he came down with a little cold and it soon became apparent that it was affecting his airway. He was raspy and not nursing normally and I could just sense he was struggling. We watched him closely all evening and when he took a turn for the worse both Trent and I knew that it was time to take him to the emergency room.
His oxygen was indeed low and they put him on oxygen. It turned out he had a virus and they diagnosed him with reactive airway. He was admitted to the hospital for a few days.
Trent took him to the hospital and was with him while I got the other kids settled at the Thompson's house for the day. I stayed with Thomas for the rest of his stay as I was still nursing him.
It was pretty tricky to keep a active baby happy in such a small confining space. We were quarantined to the room the entire time since he had a virus. And while he was sick, he didn't have a fever and was still pretty high energy (for which I was really grateful!) but it was hard to stay entertained.
In an effort to make things more entertaining they had these bright pictures on the ceiling to look at.
Meanwhile Nathan was participating in his book character costume parade at school. I was sad to miss it!
Our very own Little Bear:
After a few days Thomas was able to keep his oxygen up without supplementation and we were cleared to go home. Together at home is definitely the best place to be!






No comments:
Post a Comment