What a process this has been. Matthew is 100% potty trained but it wasn't an easy process. We had diligently attempted the process 3 times prior to our success! We'd just start into practicing on the potty and he would decided it was NOT for him. It was really frustrating. I knew with a new baby coming I was about to face three kids in diapers!
He dislikes the feeling of being wet and having an accident and I think that was the driving force behind him deciding it was not going to be something he was interested in. I bought this garbage truck and put it high up in the china hutch for him to look at. I told him when he filled the potty chart with stickers he could have the garbage truck. It had buttons and lights and sang songs and boy, did he want that truck. But not enough to go potty!
Finally in a state of frustration I told Trent the only thing we hadn't tried was him taking the reins and encouraging Matthew. So on a weekend when he didn't work and would be home he woke up and announced to Matthew that this was the day he would start going on the potty. To my complete amazement, he willingly cooperated and within 3 days was independently using the toilet. Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment