Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Festive-ness

On Saturday we had a fun gathering of friends and let the creativity flow! We had a blast creating these candy train masterpieces:
Some people (aka the guys) took the project pretty seriously and the competition was on! That added some humor to the evening. Where were all the kids, you ask? We had it as an "after bedtime" party and enjoyed some uniterrupted, adult conversation.
Heidi was THRILLED to find the candy trains when she woke up. Can you tell?
checking out Trent's candy train

this thing has an awesome marshmallow mtn!


Here is my "whoville". Notice the gummybears acting as "whos"? They are singing around the tree, in case you can't tell.



6 comments:

wisp said...

"Christmas Day is in our grasp, so long as we have hands to clasp." I love Whoville! :D
Very cute and looks like a lot of fun. I love Heidi's expression by the train! She is so funny. :)

Ash said...

Cute idea! I like it better than the gingerbread houses.

Dionne said...

Those are very cute! I'm still waiting for the day when all that work doesn't just "disappear" in 4 minutes flat! Is that because I have all boys that think they are starving all the time? I really would love to use these as a holiday display every year! They are so very cute.

Great marshmallow mountain Trent! It even looks like you tunneled through it.

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

I think your who-ville turned out very cute. Thanks for inviting us, it was a great activity! And yep, Heidi's expression is classic. Have a good Christmas and we should hopefully see you at that dinner!

mjsmommy said...

Fah who for-aze!
Dah who dor-aze!
Welcome Christmas,
Come this way!

I LOVE IT!!! As SOON as I saw your's the whoville song popped into my head! I am gonna be humming it for days!!

Di said...

I LOVE it- I remember doing trains when I was little-but when we tried to do them the other night we had no idea what to do- I'll show off your pics and maybe next time we'll know- they're awesome! I'd be excited to wake and find them too :>