Friday, November 12, 2010

Halloween

We had a fun weekend of Halloween celebrations this year. We kicked things off with the annual Boo Bash with Trent's school and the dental school across the valley. We had a yummy dinner and had fun chatting with friends and family! Yes, Matt, Monica, and Oakley met us there and we enjoyed hanging out with them.

Nathan went dressed as a pumpkin this year. I thought he would make such an ideal little dog with floppy ears and those big blue eyes. But, he did not like the idea of having a little hat on his head with ears on it. So, a pumpkin he was. And a cute pumpkin at that. Heidi was supposedly going to be a fairy. After choosing a pink dress to wear for the holiday she decided that she'd just be a princess. And then, at the last minute she decided to be Barbie. She hardly knows who Barbie is at this point in her life except she knows that she is on our Rapunzel movie. So, she decided on Barbie and I didn't mind as long as the pink dress morphed into whatever plan she had at the moment! I thought for sure she would delight in me doing her hair all fancy and putting some makeup on but she declined. She definitely has her own ideas of how she wants to look! Heidi BEGGED me to go as Barbie too but since I didn't think I could pull off even looking like Barbie's second cousin I opted for plan B. I went dressed as a witch and Trent was a pilot.





The next night we had our church "trunk or treat".
Here is Heidi with her good friends Savea and Walker. Can you see what fun they have together?
These two have become nearly inseperable! They ADORE eachother.

Here are our wonderful neighbors, Jen and Brian. They are the great neighbors. I feel so lucky to live next door! They were good sports and have come along to our trunk or treat with us for a few years now.

And afterwards the kids enjoyed the joys of dumping candy out and sorting into various piles. We let them enjoy a few pieces and tucked their exhausted little bodies into bed.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN

No comments: