Monday, November 22, 2010

Grateful

"Live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which God doth bestow upon you."- Alma 37:38, Book of Mormon



I've been pondering my life and it's blessings a lot lately. And I'm feeling more and more grateful each day for all the blessings that are mine. I can honestly say- I LOVE MY LIFE. I am challenged everyday by my roles as wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, friend and am sooo happy for the chance to be living my life and to have these roles and improve each day! I'd like to write a few things down here, in no particular order of importance, to document the fullness of my heart.



- family, near and far

- a loving husband- I mean, this guy spent his day off of school canning 40 jars of applesauce and did not complain about that plan at all

- an amazing father for my children

- my children and that I get to be their mom

- nature- sunshine, clouds, wind, rain...

- warm showers and that I can finally take one and have it feel good because it isn't a billion degrees outside all the time.

- the fact that it cooled down and isn't a billion degrees out for months on end :)

- chocolate chip cookie dough

- memories

- my childhood

- my parents- the foundation for life they gave me and who they are to me now

- Christmas music

- good books and library trips with my kids

- my minivan

- funny words coming out of Heidi's mouth

- new words coming out of Nathan's mouth

- Heidi coming to cuddle with me in my bed when she wakes up in the morning

- good food

- my home and how it suits us so well

- a healthy body

- walks

- the Gospel and the continual peace and guidance it gives me

- Jesus Christ- how GRATEFUL I am for this time of year to celebrate his birth and how much he means to me.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

we need to start walking again! Let me know when you're up for it.