Sunday, August 28, 2011

Miscellaneous Summer Goodness


We've just returned from a summer trip packed full of lots of fun and lots of family! While Trent was travelling  from city to city completing his externships, the kids and I headed north and spent almost 6 weeks in Utah. It was such a treat to be near our families for that long and just live life with them nearby. 
Here are a few snipets from some of our fun...

Making pies with Grammy. A trip to her house wouldn't be complete without the aprons and rolling pins coming out for little hands. 


Nathan getting a haircut at Grandma's.

Picking weeds in the sandbox for Grammy= penny/weed! Nathan took this job pretty seriously.

Meeting up with old friends! Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of Carrie and I but here are our cute children together. Carrie and I were college roommates and good friends and it was so good to get our kids together to play and to catch up with eachother.



Sidewalk chalk ballerinas:


Planting cereal in Grandpa's corn rows results in this kind of harvest! The kids were thrilled to find mini-cereal boxes tucked in the ears of corn just for them.


A trip to the county fair was lots of fun. One of the highlights was this super cool fish tank converted from and old television set.

Watching the cow get a shower...


Some pretty great Monopoly tournaments. I WON this round. Don't ask me about the rematch a few nights later!
We ran out of plastic houses so had to use Cocoa Pebbles..

This is a little out of order but this is from our drive to UT. We caravanned with some cousins and made a stop at the St. George Temple.



And then we made a trip to Manti to see my sister Beth and her family. They live right by the Manti Temple.



And for oneday, my path crossed with my dear friend Gaby's. We frolicked around Provo, went to BYU Campus, drove past lots of old memories, and of course, ate Bajio Salad. So glad it worked out to catch up for a few hours.


More to come of this wonderful trip! We feel so blessed to have been able to spend so much time with the ones we love and make some great memories.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

It was so great to see you and your kiddos. Baileigh still talks about how much fun she had with Heidi and keeps asking when she'll see Heidi again. Thanks again for everything!

Gabrielle Germaine said...

hahaha I would say the third times the charm with the pictures of us.. but man that was a struggle.. lol. It kind of felt like a wonderful dream where I say you on campus!

Also I loved the miracle of the candy and the purse. Again, I don't much mind if we are stuck on the freeway.. I would do anything to spend time with you :)

Alisa said...

Love Gaby's hair!