Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thanksgiving

We were able to take a quick trip to Utah over Thanksgiving. We haven't been back to Utah for Thanksgiving since we've moved away and it was SO fun to go.

Especially since we got to fly this time! 
 Kids were so excited to be there. Heidi's words: "This is a dream come true!"



 Eating breakfast at Grandma's counter. I'm pretty sure this picture says it all!


 I find it rather fun to see my kids all bundled up for winter since it's such a rarity during their lives. They were sure hoping for a snow storm while we were there but this is the most snow we saw!


 Fun at Grammy's house. So fun that she puts her tree up before Thanksgiving.

 "Hold on Heidi! We are gaining speed!"

 Nathan had a happy reunion with Abby the dog.

Nathan found just the spot to watch a movie with Grandpa Chuck. This happened a few times during our stay. 

 Thanksgiving day was spent with my parents and ALL my siblings. What a  miracle that we were all able to coordinate it to be together for Thanksgiving. Who know when that will happen again.
Trent so graciously volunteered to make cow-fresh ice cream, rolls, mashed potatoes, and gravy. He cranked out 12 qts of ice cream, 114 delicious rolls and 3 gallons of mashed 'tatoes, and gravy. 

 Ben in his "Ethel" apron being the master of the mountains of dishes.


 Grandpa & Sadie

My parents recently acquired a couple dairy cows and we've been so excited to meet them and be a part of the milking process. Do you see the wonder on Nathan's face?


 Grandpa offered any willing soul a squirt of milk. As fresh as it comes! Nathan, being the milk enthusiast that he is, was 100% game for that idea.
YUM! He loved it. 


I couldn't resist adding this picture of the fall trees. I just loved feeling the crisp, cool air and seeing the bare and almost-bare trees. Oh, and smelling the mountain air. I miss it.

It was a blessing to be able to go spend the holiday with family. I love Thanksgiving! It is one of the coziest of all the holidays and holds all the anticipation of magic of the season. Great time of year to get to go "home".


3 comments:

Sarah and Trent said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm impressed your kids kept their jackets on...Jackson cried just about every time I tried to put his coat on in Idaho. These AZ kids :)

wisp said...

Always fun to see family. Glad y'all had a fun trip! :)

Di said...

Your pictures are great, who needs words with priceless shots like that? So Fun!