Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Free Cheeseburger Day!

 A local eatery has a great "Customer Appreciation Day" also known as "Free Day!". They give out free cheeseburgers, fries, and drinks to all who are willing to stand in line for them. It's become a family tradition for us to look forward to and we knew we didn't want to miss it this year! We anticipated standing in line for hours like we have had to in the past but I think we timed it right- our wait time was only 10 minutes!
Before heading over I was talking to Monica on the phone and telling her where we were going. She surprised us by saying that she certainly wanted to join the fun! She drove and hour and joined the festivities with us.




The kids were thrilled to see eachother and have an hour or so of outdoor playtime. Peyton even decided to stand up on his own for the first time!


I had to snap this picture of Trent and Monica together and I just love it. We are so grateful to have family close and want to soak it up as much as we can while we are still so close by.


 Heidi wanted Daddy to snap these shots of her posing. Don't ask me why/what but I thought they were kinda cute and capture someone's personality!

 Nice seating under their old trees. Restaurant in the back of the picture.
 Waiting in line with Heidi and Oakley.

 Trent brought all his study materials thinking he'd just wait off to the side and get a few hours of study time in. He was surprised to only wait 10 minutes! We were so happy he was around to go with us.
Fun outing, yummy food, great company= good memories.

3 comments:

Di said...

Okay, it's been TOO long since I've looked at your blog-done any blogging I guess- CUTE picture at the top! Lucky you for the timing- that's fantastic! And yes, Heidi's pics are darling!

Logan and Tanya said...

Please tell Heidi that I'm confident she has a modeling career waiting for her! :) Looks like such a fun outing!

Sam and Carmin said...

How serendipitous to only wait 10 mins. And how spontaneous for Monica to join! Fun times.