Saturday, August 9, 2008

A bit of this and that!

Thought I'd give a bit of a run down of our week and life as we have lived it!
Heidi really misses Trent during the day and talks about him frequently. When he walks through the door in the evening- watch out! I barely get to say "welcome home" because Heidi is soooo excited to be in Daddy's arms again. One of her first orders of business is to say "all done" and remove Trent's badge he wears to school. She has figured out that when he has it on, he is about to leave for school. Then they go on their date to the mailbox. This is very important. Notice Heidi proudly holding the key:


In other news, Heidi has been sick/teething for the past little bit. She had her first real fever and just felt lousy and then a couple days ago, I looked in her mouth and saw she was working on some big teeth! Rough week for a little girl. Not to mention the fact that that increased our isolation quite a bit (ie. just moved, sick child, Mom and baby start to feel really cooped up etc.) Thankfully, she is now feeling quite a bit better.She is not usually a lounger, but she loved her couch when she didn't feel good


Lastly, we are loving our new home! Now that the majority of the boxes are taken care of, I've been having fun getting things decorated. I always love to see how the same stuff looks so different in a new house. Due to several requests for a visual, I've included a couple pics of our living room.





The rest of the house is a work in progress...maybe I'll include more pictures later. :)



4 comments:

Beth said...

hope your doing okay with the isolation factor. I know that can be a bit tough. Your new house looks beautiful and luscious!

Dacia said...

Em! Your house looks GREAT! It really looks so pretty! I'm happy that you're starting to feel like it really is your home with all the deco and things. How exciting!

Logan and Tanya said...

So cute, Emily! Love the home decor! Good job...and poor Heidi! So glad those molars are in and doing better! Amazing how "kickin' it on the Dora couch" can make things better, huh?! I'm with you Heidi! :)

Di said...

ps. I think the mailbox date is the cutest thing ever! I bet that makes Trent feel good!