Friday, August 15, 2008

A whole new world!

That's right folks...I can see!
I got contacts this week. I have been a part-time glasses wearer since I was 16, but I am now attempting to join the world of contact wearers. I guess my eyes have gotten a bit worse the last couple years (something about having a baby seemed to change things) and I realized I was going to have to start being a full-time glasses wearer. So, I'm not incredibly keen on that idea, so I'm trying out contacts. It has been a bit of an ordeal getting used to putting them in and out of my eye. Gee whiz, it takes me long enough I barely have time for the rest of my routine (hair, makeup etc.)! I've always had a really hard time putting even eye drops in so an object coming towards my eye has been somewhat traumatic. My best trick yet is that I've learned that I cannot look in the mirror. If I'm looking, there is absolutely no hope of succes. I'm told that it gets less awkward and more comfortable with time and practice. I sure hope so. The jury is out. We will see how I like them over the next week or so. Sure is nice to see, that's for sure. Any tips from seasoned conctact wearers?

4 comments:

Carrie said...

You're brave to try the whole contact thing. Ever since I was pregnant my eyes havn't been the same either, but i'm not brave enough to try the contact thing. Good luck on your adventures with those darn contacts.

wisp said...

I've debated with myself whether to get contacts for several years. I'm so scared they'll get stuck in my eye! Let me know how it goes and maybe I'll take the plunge with you. Good luck!

Ash said...

As a new contact wearer, I had a lot of trouble the first week or so and really didn't want to keep them. But now, I've found my own thing that works and they are not so bad, it does get easier and you'll get faster at it. I have to look at them when taking them out to move them down and then I squeeze the contact out between my finger tips. My friend closes her eye, then "pops" them off before taking them out. Getting them in I just have to make sure my finger is dry because sometimes it sticks to it when I try to put it in. Or if my finger is wet from the solution, I have to use my finger on my other hand to push it off my finger I was holding it with. Hope that helps! Just remember it gets better with practice as with everything in life.

Logan and Tanya said...

No tips...just a big congrats on the new step in life! :) (Logan loved his contacts, once he got used to them...much better than glasses in his oppinion! Good luck!)
On a completely different note,...I sure think of you guys down in HOOOOT AZ often! Especially when I sleep with my windows open these days and dip into the upper 30's at night...in AUGUST!! I love. love love. it! (Go ahead...rub it right back in when February rolls around and we can't get above 0!!)