Sunday, May 16, 2010

I'm going there someday...

This week we had a great outing to the Gila Valley Temple Openhouse. It turned out to be a wonderful day and I'm so glad we were able to go.
Heidi was very excited to be able to go into the temple. She even liked the 2.5 hour drive there!
We left Nathan with a friend as he is far too mobile and exploratory to enjoy (or let Mommy enjoy) this type of trip.
The temple was just beautiful. It is a smaller temple and it was neat to see everything so perfect but on such a small scale. Heidi's favorite part was the huge chandelier in the celestial room. I hope it is a memory and a feeling that she will be able to remember even though she is so young.
My curly haired princess-
Two of Trent's classmates joined us on the trip. They also sat next to me during the Mesa Temple Pageant so it was neat to be able to take them inside this time and share something so special. It made for a fun day.
The day was gorgeous and after the tour we enjoyed a yummy picnic lunch before the drive home.

1 comment:

Di said...

How neat for you- especially Heidi! I've already VOWED we will NOT miss the Payson Open house, my kids need/want to go- and we didn't get either in SL...