Sunday, May 23, 2010

What we've been up to

Well, I wanted to do a blog update and went to pull pictures off the camera from the last little bit. What will follow is a random cross section of those pictures!

This handsome guy is finishing his 2nd year of dental school and will soon be a full blown 3rd YEAR STUDENT! Can you believe that?! Can't believe he is halfway done with his time here. He has worked very hard and I'm very proud of all he has done and learned. Last week was his first week in the clinic full-time. Even though it was very overwhelming and stressful, he is excited to finally be putting what he has been learning into real practice.
Don't ask me where these next two pictures came from. Apparently Heidi was playing with the camera??

hee, hee...

Heidi and Nathan have been spending a lot of time outside. This is not an uncommon sight. This shot was early in the morning- notice Heidi has her nightgown on still?
A friend of mine found this great idea for embellishing a clipboard to be a job chart. This is how the one I made for Heidi turned out:

For the "Helping Hand" I'm going to do paper cutouts of her hands with a job written on each one- maybe unload dishwasher, vacuum, dust, etc. She will pick one each day.
The little flowers along the bottom are on velcro. As each job is completed you attach it to the velcro next to the words. I'm hoping this will be a fun way for her to keep track of her "daily do's".
The kidlets are in stages where they are learning and changing so quickly. Nathan is turing into a fully participating member and is starting to talk and sign more and more. He is very active and has lots of ideas on what he wants to explore. Being outside in the grass and dirt is of top priority. He can find plenty of mischief to keep him busy in the house though- Sometimes I just have to laugh because it seems like he just undoes whatever housework I'm doing!
Heidi is a very concientious little girl and is excited to do many things on her own. Sometimes I will go to help her with something out of habit and she will remind me with a giggle, "I'm 3 years old, Mom! I can do it by myself!" She think Nathan is becoming more fun to play with lately...and he is.
That's it from our house!!



6 comments:

Logan and Tanya said...

LOOOVE the chore chart! It's adorable! Yay for Trent's 3rd year, too!

Di said...

Love the clipboard- if I have to do another chore chart (I'm sure it's coming) I'm going to try that!!!

Gabrielle Germaine said...

Oh I love that! I still have vivd memories of the job chart my mom made us... it had pockets with pictures on them and 3x5 cards.... I bet Heidi love this one!

Lindsay said...

I love the "to do" clipboard... remind me to make those when we finally decide to start having kids.

I love your kids.. they are so cute!

Alisa said...

Natalie would go for that chore chart! So would Hannah for that matter. I can't believe we didn't meet Sammy and Sandley when we were there the other day! Next time.

kami said...

i love the chore chart! i'll have to copy that idea. and i feel you with nathan - lately, i swear, i can't keep up with the messes max makes! cleaning up after him is a full time job, but at least he is having lots of fun!