Sunday, February 27, 2011

Party Time!

Tomorrow Nathan will turn 2 years old.
We decided to celebrate with a little family party last weekend when we had company.
He seemed to delight in every little thing about the celebration and didn't even seem to mind that his mom didn't have wrapping paper and used brown paper sacks. :)
A new book about colors- couldn't be more excited. I love those pudgie fingers gripping the book.

I spent the week before drawing a playmat "city" for his cars to drive on. Christine showed up just in time to help me finish it up and added some great touches. I'll post a pic of it after I finish up the final touches after bedtime some night. Don't want him to see me drawing and coloring on it- that would give him some dangerous ideas! He was very excited about it and the new cars he received.

Hooray! More cars!

I was fully prepared to make a birthday cake but as I was gathering supplies Trent offered to make it. No problem! He came up with this adorable little pick-up truck with a load of M&M's in the back.

As you can see, Nathan was thrilled about his cake and the fire that adorned the top.

Due to much "rehearsing" of birthdays lately (instigated by older sis) he knew exactly what to do.

Your little brother's birthday is almost as good as having your own.

Nathan had no trouble getting into the excitement of his celebration!

He dabbled at the at the cake and tasted the ice cream but seemed more excited about all the excitement than actually eating it!

Happy Birthday, Little Buddy.

4 comments:

Sarah and Trent said...

Happy Birthday!! I can't believe he's already two!! It looks like you guys had a great celebration. I love that picture of Heidi looking at Nathan...so sweet :)

Monica said...

I love his excitement of his birthday! Hip Hip Hooray for our cute little Nathan. I want to see that city map!

Logan and Tanya said...

He's so dreamy, Em! What a doll! And Trent...seriously! Where were you hiding all these cake decorating skills all these years?! You continue to impress us all! :)

Alisa said...

Happy birthday Nathan! What a big boy. And to think that I met him when he was 6mo! Crazy how fast the time has gone. The pictures look great, btw. And as always, very impressed with Trent's cake decorating skills. And I love all the pictures of delight on Nathan's face. So sweet.