Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sweet little flying companions...

On our return trip from PHX we had a layover in Atlanta (after leaving Phoenix at 6 AM local time). The flight was delayed and then to top off that, we had to wait for 2 hours on the tarmac once  we boarded the plane. That can strike horror into the heart of the mother of a little baby! Gratefully this little guy was as happy as can be.



As an aside--while waiting to take off for those 2 hours--our tired kids patiently waited to eat their "ear popping" snack (to help equalize their ears when flying). Soon enough EVERYONE in our family fell asleep, and some troopers didn't wake up until we landed in Lexington, never having a chance to consume the highly anticipated pastry.



Have I told you I love Kentucky? I do! Flying into our little airport here is a delight. I'm afraid these pictures probably don't quite do it justice but we fly over rolling hills and pastures surrounded by plank fences and then right in the middle of all that is the airport. It is nice to come home to a beautiful place.  

No comments: