As I've been going through our pictures from this summer I decided to just post a random conglomeration of pictures of summer fun.
My sister Amy gave the kids these cute matching turtle jammies- aren't they cute?
Heidi and Nathan decided that sibling piggy back rides are really fun. Heidi is proud she has a little extra height now that makes it possible.
After a year of eating on the folding table we finally have a legit dining set. Trent sold a head light from dental school he no longer needed and it turns out it was the perfect amount of money to find a dining set on craigslist. It's nothing fancy but its solid and has enough chairs for our family and a couple guests.
We grew our first real vegetable garden this year. With the craziness that was going on inside the house this spring/summer, this little garden was my sanity. Planting and cultivating it was SO thrilling for me. And picking my own produce has been the best. I'm making notes of things I will do differently next year- more lettuce, lots of beans, plant tomatoes farther apart, more onions etc. It has been a lot of fun.
Family home evening fun. See that little microphone in front of Heidi? That little thing is a new addition to the repertoire and it is very popular. It doesn't even work! :)
Matthew's front row seat as I do some weeding in the front flower bed.
We had lots of lightning bugs this year. And enjoyed lots of pre-bedtime running around the yard trying to catch them. This is the stuff childhood magic is made of!
This picture about sums things up- me sitting on the front steps with Matthew while my little brood swarms around me showing their treasures and finds. The garage open as Trent cuts tile at his homemade cutting station. See the blue tarp hanging up?
2 weeks of swimming lessons were taken my both Heidi and Nathan. They both had excellent teachers this year and loved it.
And lots of baby goodness!
2 comments:
Looks like a great summer :) Your kids are just too cute! Their imaginations are just the best. I love how excited they look about family home evening :)
Love the lightening bug pic!
Post a Comment