Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Division & Therapy

As fall marched on so did our work on the house. We had a goal to have all our major projects wrapped up by Thanksgiving. We knew that both Trent and I needed to focus on living life instead of frantically working on the house in our "spare" time and we also knew we had house guests coming to visit for Thanksgiving and we wanted them to have a comfortable place to stay. 

Deciding what to with the entryway tile was a big decision. It took us SEVERAL hours one Friday night deliberating over different tile designs. We started with the layout below but that got vetoed and rearranged a gazillion times

We finally found a layout we both agreed on- miracle! We were floored. By the time we landed on the design it was too late to get started on the projects so we tabled it for another night.

The fact that I'm including these pictures of myself is somewhat embarrassing but they tell the story so very well. It seems like all our house projects had to be completed in the very late/very early hours of the morning and the look on my face very well says- "Yes, yes it is 2 AM!"
Here I am enjoying my very first grouting of the very first tile I laid. I sure enjoyed it! 
Finished product pictures of the house to come soon.

Next project after the entryway was getting the tile surround done for the bathtub. Before Trent could start on that I painted on the membrane.

After this thoroughly dried Trent was able to lay the tile surround. I can't wait to share pictures of his handy work!

No comments: