Trent's September vacation week was a much-welcomed relief from the rigors of our usual schedule. The kids still had to go to school on Tuesday and Wednesday but we really tried to utilize the time we could to have some fun adventures.
We spent a great day at the Louisville Zoo. It was a lovely fall day and the perfect day to explore. The zoo was decorated so cute for Halloween and the kids really enjoyed it.
These are some up close and personal moments with some very large animals!
Outside the Lemur area. One of the kids' favorite stops thanks to their favorite Wild Kratts TV show!
Thomas was a trooper and enjoyed riding in the stroller or Ergo most of the time.
A backyard campout was on the agenda and it just happened to be a very rainy evening. If I had been the one in charge of pitching the tent I think I would have voted to reschedule for drier weather. But not Trent! Rain or shine campers in this family. I slept in the house with Thomas and the rest of the gang slept outside. That night we learned that our tent has lost any water proofing. I suppose a good thing to learn in the backyard and not on a mult-night stay away from home!
We enjoyed a dutch oven dinner and dessert.
I got to hang out in the tent as they were going to bed and then headed inside to keep Thomas company (and enjoy my dry bed :)
We also enjoyed spoiling Daddy on his birthday with a family birthday party!
So glad he had sometime at home so we could celebrate his special day.
No comments:
Post a Comment