Wednesday, June 18, 2008

50 Things About Me

Ok, many of you have done this post and I thought it was fun so,here goes.

  1. I love the taste of chocolate and mint together...especially York Peppermint Patties.
  2. The changing of seasons thrills me everytime. I love the fresh air that comes with it, new scenery, and different clothes.
  3. I went to BYU-H and worked at the Polynesian Cultural Center for a summer.
  4. I love corn chips with fresh salsa and guacamole.
  5. My favorite part about folding laundry is folding Heidi's clothes. I love baby clothes!
  6. Learning how to do new and creative things is a favorite past-time of mine. My most recent fun is sewing some clothes for Heidi.
  7. The violin is a big part of my life. I've played since I was 5 years old and taught private lessons for 10 years.
  8. I hate the smell of a dirty dish rag.
  9. Being late really stresses me out.
  10. I LOVE the weather. I check the forecast everyday and look forward to big storms. I think this is a result of my meteorologist dad.
  11. Exercising is my stress relief. I love how I feel when I do it.
  12. I labored and delivered Heidi naturally. It was a real accomplishment for me and a cherished experience.
  13. I love frosted mini wheats.
  14. I was Trent's first date.
  15. Shortly after we were married, Trent and I SCUBA certified together.
  16. I love having my house organized. It makes me feel so much more at ease.
  17. I had no idea how completely in LOVE I would fall with my baby girl. I just can't get enough of her.
  18. I really like office supply stores (I know a bit nerdy...Gaby, back me up on this one.)
  19. I love being a stay-at-home mom. I am grateful for my time in the full-time workforce but don't miss it a bit.
  20. I am scared of the way the ocean looks at night- big, dark and scary.
  21. However, I love the ocean in the day and love swimming in it and sitting on the beach.
  22. When I was pregnant with Heidi, my face flushed really easily. All I had to do was think about being embarassed or under pressure and I would look red. How embarassing.
  23. I don't like taking our car in for maintenance stuff. I tell Trent that I will do it during our busy school years but after that it is his job.
  24. I enjoy working outside- planting flowers, working in the lawn etc. It relaxes and renews me.
  25. I think that dressing up nice for a special occasion is so fun.
  26. I have a fear of my house burning down.
  27. Bargain shopping is one of my hobbies and I get a big thrill from it. Clothing consignment stores, garage sales, and coupons are my favorites. If I can get name brand clothing for a killer price, I'm a happy girl.
  28. I'm a country girl and can't wait to live in a small town on a big piece of land.
  29. I used to be the founder and president of the Mapleton Stamp Collectors. I think I was 11 and I thought I was pretty cool.
  30. One of my favorite summer time childhood memories is sleeping on the balcony outside my bedroom. I'd spend almost every night of summer vacation out there. I loved falling asleep under the stars and waking up in the night to see how they had moved.
  31. I don't really enjoy playing many sports that involves balls. My favorite is t-ball.
  32. I love salads with craisins and avocado on them.
  33. When I was 8, I was a Mapleton Little Princess and rode on the 24th of July Parade float. My sisters prepped me before by training me in a "parade wave". (you know: wave, wave, rub your pearls, blow a kiss)
  34. Our last apartment had centipedes in it and I hated it. I'm completely freaked out about the possible scorpions in our new desert home. YIKES.
  35. My first birthday party memory is when the neighbor boy ATE my birthday candles off my cake. I was five and I was pretty put out about that.
  36. Spending time with Trent is the best and our weekly dates are really important to me.
  37. I love chocolate chip cookies, but especially the dough.
  38. I like to wait until things aren't super popular before I decide to try it out: Harry Potter, Twilight, etc. etc.
  39. I love to travel and hope to go many places with Trent and our family. One of my favorite international stops has been Florence, Italy. To me, it was a place fitting for a movie or book. I would love to spend more time there one day.
  40. I like mornings and often feel it is my most productive time of day.
  41. I love to wear flip-flops.
  42. The shower is my best thinking spot and I get my best ideas of the day there.
  43. My hair has always had a natural wave to it but became really curly when I was 19.
  44. I taught preschool for a year. I love the activities and conversation of this age group. It was such a fun job.
  45. I milked goats morning and night for YEARS.
  46. Along those lines, when I was 13 I wrote an essay and won a registered goat.
  47. I love to go on jogs and walks. Especially with Trent and/or Heidi.
  48. One of my favorite things is watching Heidi interact with her grandparents. I absolutely love the mutual adoration.
  49. I spent a semester in Romania and left a part of my heart there.
  50. I enjoy planning things to do on special events: birthdays, Father's Day, Christmas. Thinking of a unique gift or surprise activity it a challenge I really like.

3 comments:

Dacia said...

This is possibly the BEST thing I've ever read. Winning goats, president of a stamp club...Life just doesnt get better.

Gabrielle Germaine said...

I love this list.. and that I knew most of it! when I come out and visit we can go to the office supply store together:) and relax

Beth said...

Love it! Try for 100 next time. It brought back some funny memories. Was I the sister that taught you how to wave?