Thursday, June 5, 2008

California




Heidi and I recently returned from a quick trip to California with my dad. My dad's sister and family lives near San Diego. It was great to see Aunt Wanda and Uncle Walt again...it had been a long time!We were able to stay with my cousin Marcia and her husband, Ray. It was so fun to be able to get to know them again and introduce them to Heidi. Marcia and Ray have a wonderful garden and avacado orchard and we got the tour. It is gorgeous. Heidi ended up really warming up to Marcia and Ray. She had a great time with all the beautiful flowers and cute kitties!
My good friend Jennifer lives just about 5 minutes from where we were staying and so I got to visit her at her home. It was soooo fun to see her even if it was just for a short time.
Our last day was spent touring down by the wharf-- just my dad, Heidi, and I. We had fun touring boats and a submarine and eating the best shrimp on the planet at Anthony's. Thanks for the great trip, Grandpa!



All in all, it was a great time spent with family. Thanks for taking us along, Dad!

4 comments:

Cloward Family said...

Hey Em!

It was so good to hear from you! I'm so glad you finally "bucked" up and got a blog. It's about time!! This will be a great way to keep in contact with you and your adorable family! Visit me at http://cloward.blogspot.com and keep the posts coming!

Love ya!
Amberlee

Logan and Tanya said...

I'm excited to blog stalk YOU now! :) Sounds like Cali was a great time...so glad!

ls said...

I am so happy that we can keep in touch this way!

Heidi is darling!

Dacia said...

Yay, Emily! I'm so excited you guys finally have a blog! This will be so fun to keep up on what you guys are doing. I love you!