Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Garage Sale & A Get Away

We are garage sale people. We have had maybe 6-8 in the last 2 years. A few of them have been on our own but usually we combine with another family or two. It is always a lot of work but it is usually worth it for us- you'd be surprised what people buy! One man's junk is another man's treasure I suppose. And in case you can't tell from the picture below, it's usually quite a bit of fun too. Heidi was old enough to really get into the swing of things at the sale we had a few weeks ago. Here she is (with cousin, Lena, in the background) modeling the Mr. Potato head glasses that were on sale:
Who wouldn't want these cute glasses?
Trent & Aaron manning the cash table:



In other news, Trent and I had the most wonderful get-away this weekend. We spent a night at a cute inn in Midway. It was soooo great! I came back so relaxed and it was just the best to be just the two of us. Thanks to my sister who watched Heidi overnight! Midway is gorgeous at this time of year. I highly recommend it for a quick weekend. We really felt like we were away yet so close!

Well, that is all for now. Tomorrow marks the beginning of our big journey. In a few weeks we will have a new place to call home. We have a couple family reunions to participate in between now and then and then it's on to real life!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm jelous of that little getaway. Trent and Aaron sure had some good brother bonding time.

ls said...

okay, i obviously haven't checked you blog in way too long (I forgot to add the link to my blog and then I couldn't find the email you sent with the address in it) because I am just now reading the post about you dressing up in your wedding dress to take pictures. That cracks me up! Good for you guys though, taking matters into your own hands and making that happen :). That is classic. Even though I love my wedding pictures, I am half tempted to rent John a tux, dust off my dress, and head to the SL Temple to do it myself because it would be so funny. Ah, thanks for the chuckle.

The pictures are beautiful, by the way, and you are looking so lovely. Oh, and Heidi is darling, too.