Monday, July 21, 2008

White Coat Ceremony

Today was a much anticipated day. Trent has worked incredibly hard to get to this point. And we've both spent a lot of time thinking about it. Trent started dental school!!!!
He headed off early this morning for a day full of orientation and then this afternoon we all went to his white coat ceremony. We listened to a few speakers, mostly talking about the responsibilities of being a part of the dental profession and the aniticipation of what lies ahead for this group of students. Then each student's name was called and they were presented with their famous "white coat"...complete with the name of the school, their name, and the words "student doctor". I was very proud of Trent for getting to this point in his life where he can begin to embark on a journey he has dreamed about since middle school.

Here is the student doctor himself...proudly modelling his white coat.

Here is the student doctor family!



Class of 2012


And this is how Heidi kept busy during the ceremony. I was out of crackers and such so she got her first taste of beef jerky. She approved.

5 comments:

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

I'm glad you guys made it down to Arizona safely. How exciting to be begining this chapter of your lives. Good luck to you all.

wisp said...

Congratulations, Trent! You're a good man!

Beth said...

We're all very proud of you Trent for following your dreams! Lots of girls in your class!

April said...

How exciting! There have been many dental students studying for their dental boards in our apartment library. I guess they all just finished their second year and take the test before they start their third year and clinicals. They have all looked so stressed!
I hope school is going well for Trent!