When Trent and I got married 2 years ago, we really weren't pleased with our photographer. We ended up spending A LOT of time on large group photos and a couple minutes on couple pictures. We ended up with one couple picture we liked well enough to frame and put on the wall.
And I didn't end up getting any bridals. These two facts were something we have thought about OFTEN since that day and regreted. So, we took matters into our own hands and had a great date. My wonderful and very talented friend, Mari, met us at the Provo Temple and Trent and I arrived in full wedding attire. You betch'a- wedding dress, tux the whole bit. Can I tell you how much fun it is to take wedding pictures after the fact? We were completely relaxed and just enjoying eachother's company. We did get some funny comments along the way and lots of "oh how sweet" looks from temple patrons coming and going. Just as we were starting our picture taking, a passer by said, "Enough pictures, just get on to the honeymoon!" Oh, if only he knew we had a one-year old at home. :)
Here are a few of my favorites:


The next photo is of a young women's group who was having an activity on the lawn of the temple about preparing for temple marriage. They were so excited that we were there taking pictures!! They requested a group photo together. They asked me when I was getting married. I replied that I already was and was just coming back for some photos. So glad they didn't ask when I got married!
5 comments:
That is a mind trip! Also the craziest thing ever. Congrats on fitting beautifully in your wedding dress still. You might of even had it taken in. You look really pretty! And got some great pictures. Trent is a real trooper. I don't think I would ever be able to talk Dane into a redo. It would of been fun for just one picture to have Heidi in it. Confusing for posterity!
Very fun! I also don't think I would have been able to talk Brad into doing a redo. You got some great pictures!
Um so I am pretty sure the reason we are great friends is because you are crazy!!! That is the best thing ever as I read the entry I was almost crying I was laughing so hard. Seriously!
But the best part is that you look so great in all the photos:)
John and I wish that we could do that, too! The flash didn't work on half of my bridals. But, people would wonder where my hair went (it was really long then and it is really short now). Congratulations! You can see how crazy in love you two still are.
And, Emmy, you are so beautiful.
-Christine
You look beautiful in these pictures! I too am truly impressed that you could fit into your wedding dress. I'd need to lose 15 pounds to get into mine again!
Post a Comment