Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More Utah Fun...

I'm taking a break from putting away my Christmas decorations to catch up on a little blogging. Yes, my Christmas decorations are still up. Heidi and I just returned from our Utah trip lastnight (Trent has been home for a week or so because of school). We had a great time seeing family and friends. It is safe to say that Heidi loved her time spent with her grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins! We may have some withdrawls now that we are home. It was a great trip...sooo nice to be able to relax and enjoy our loved ones.

Since being back to "real" life, Heidi and I have been enjoying the wonderful sunshine. We spent the morning on a walk and playing in our yard. But while we were in UT we sure enjoyed a good dose of winter weather. We all loved the snow and cold! Heidi enjoyed playing in the snow and even did some sledding:

She looks a bit mortified here but she really did have fun on this sledding trip! Daddy pulled out is really OLD snow coat for the occasion. I think he has had that coat since he was 13. :)

Barely able to move, but warm.
Trent and I enjoyed an all-day date while we had family around to help us with Heidi. SO FUN. Actually, spending the whole day with just Trent was really a highlight for me. We had a dental student open house/dinner in SLC so we just made a day of it. We enjoyed a lovely dinner in the Joseph Smith Memorial Builiding and had to look at the lights on Temple Square while we were there:


THANKS for a great trip everyone!

3 comments:

Monica said...

Well, Emily...welcome home to 70+ degree weather...this is why we live in Phoenix! Isn't it beautiful? I'm glad you're home.

wisp said...

I love Heidi's snowy outfit! *kiss on baby's chubby cheek*

Dionne said...

I bet you remember that coat, right Emily!? I think that is a great thing about you two! You really do go WAY back.