So, the pregnancy ticker at right lied. I am still pregnant. In fact, I can officially be called "overdue". Yes, I know this is a word ordinarily reserved for library books, past due bills, etc. But now people can refer to me this way.
I had an appointment with my midwife on Monday and everything looks good and on track. Things are "progressing" just as they should so it's got to just be a matter of time. :)
I took Heidi with me and she showed some signs that I've been pregnant too long...she really knew our routine at the doctor's office: a) We ALWAYS have to make a trip to the restroom first off. b) She made sure to tell me: Don't forget to take off your shoes and set down your purse when you are weighed. c) she is quite sure that the midwife is the doctor we call when the monkeys fall off the bed in the song we sing.
Really, it's not too bad. I'm grateful that baby is healthy and that I'm healthy. I'd rather have him well done than underdone. (these are the things I tell myself when I feel like I simply cannot roll over in bed one more time!) But, all good things must come to an end, right? I'm just a'hopin that my body remembers that! Can't wait to meet our little guy!!!!!!
5 comments:
It can't be too much longer now! :) And I love the part about the monkeys on the bed. I love the cute little connections kids make like that!
Oh Em! guess you decided NOT to visit the doc ayer, eh? Heidi's such a doll- Monkeys huh? Ha! You're amazing woman!
I've been thinking A LOT about you, wondering when your little guy will make his enterance. Way to be positive! He can't stay in there forever :) Make sure to let us know when he does come.
I really thought the parade would do the trick! It worked for me and Maryjayne wasn't even done baking! ;)
I have been checking your blog every day waiting to see this little guy!
Good luck with the rolling over bit!
Post a Comment