So, one of the first items of business we took care of when we moved into our new home was install a water filter. We were going to do one of those Pur water filters that hooks to the faucet, then my cousin convinced us that it would be cheaper to just install an RO water filter system and install it right under our kitchen sink. Boy are we glad we did that!
Just 7 months after moving into this brand new house we already have to change the filters (at least that is what the little red light on our system told us). Trent took care of that tonight. Here are some pictures of why we are SO glad we have filtered the water we have used for cooking and drinking:
The water that came out of the tube with the above filter is actually diluted in about 1 gal. of "clear" water--so you can imagine the real color. You can see the white paper. Take a look at the sediment on the bottom of the bowl! The filter in this picture was once as white as the paper behind the filter. HOW THANKFUL WE ARE THAT WE DIDN'T DRINK ALL THAT RUST AND DIRT!
The rust and sediment were so bad that they stained this towel used in clean up!
Here are the 3 filters Trent replaced. On the left is the one pictured above (stage 1). The next filter is stage 2, and the last filter is stage 3. You can see how each filter is "cleaner" than the one before it. There are still 2 more filters after these, but these are all we had to change right now.
Maybe having a dental school nearby isn't such a bad idea after all! After people get done chewing through their tap water they can go get their teeth fixed.
8 comments:
Always ask for lemon in your water when you are at a restaurant...it helps mask the taste of "pencil eraser"
Oh yuck and EEEWWWW! Thank heavens for filters...just seeing that makes me want to get one here, even though our water can't be anything like
I always knew it tasted disgusting, but that is GROSS!! Shouldn't there be a law against that kind of water coming through our faucets!?!
Gahhh! I'm pretty sure I'll be paranoid now and need filtration soon! *shudder* I am very glad you've had those filters, too! Especially with our little buddy on the way! :)
Gross!!
I had a little flashback to "chewing" the water as a child...thanks for the memories! ;) Seriously, I'm gratefuly little Trent hasn't been getting all that nasty stuff in his little system! How are you feeling, anyway?!
ha, i love that you wrote "chewing your tap water." cracked me right up :).
oh wow! I bet your bathroom sink faucets get pluged quickly. glad your filtering. I bet we should be too!
Post a Comment