Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Visitors

Last week we were so excited to have some visitors: Trent's parents, Dacia, Capri & Shayla! It was soooo good to see them all and catch up with them a bit. Heidi was pretty thrilled to have grandparents and doting aunts around for a couple days!
My camera was acting up and the pic below turned out a little funny (no, Capri is not really so pale!) but I wanted to document what happened in my kitchen.
We had found a great deal (33 cents/pound!!!) on delicious strawberries at a local farmer's market. These ladies came and spent their "vacation" slicing and dicing and making the yummiest jam to put away for later! What I don't have a picture of is Dacia coloring with Heidi and Shayla holding Nathan in the other room. I have about 14 pints of jam and my freezer is FULL of strawberries. This project would have taken me forever to do by myself, or rather with Nathan's and Heidi's help.
At lunch we went up to Trent's school and had a tour and ate a picnic lunch. Then that night Grandpa joined us for dinner and relaxing and of course eating strawberries.
We love you all and can't wait to see you again soon!

3 comments:

wisp said...

Homemade strawberry jam is my favorite! It tastes like summer.

Di said...

Hurray for help from big people! What a deal on fresas! I bought 8 lbs at 2/$3 and made 5 pints, I'm hoping to find some cheaper...

The Gentry's said...

Sounds like you had a good time. I'm so glad they could help you out and that Heidi could have some extra attention!!