Wow. How many times can one little girl change dresses in one day? I've definitely stopped counting. All I do know is that by the time we made it to a 9 AM visiting teaching appointment yesterday, Heidi was wearing dress #4. And a headband. And 5 bracelets and 2 necklaces. And don't forget the purse. I also was wearing a skirt (cool, comfy, and casual). As I went down the stairs with Heidi following behind me, I hear in a completely dreamy voice, "Oh Mom, you look lovely. Like a dream come true!" Wow, perhaps I should wear skirts every day.
Most everything is taking on a princess flair lately actually. Princess pillows, diapers, shoes, babies. Everything just happens to be princess related. It's intense.
Heidi was SUPER excited to find this dress (see pic below) in the back of the closet after her nap yesterday. It is a Christmas dress that I'm hoping will fit in about 2 years. But, the length, combined with the built-in petticoat underneath, was more than this little princess could wait for. She had to model it immediately. Complete with post-nap bed head:

You can only imagine her distress lastnight when her "jammie dress", also known as a nightgown, was dirty and she had to wear a shorts set. Not to be discouraged, she requested to hold a dress while she slept. Well, when I went to tuck her in she had just put it on over her jammies. And this is how the princess slept. Just like a "dream come true".
12 comments:
Sweet Heidi...and to think that Oakley is her Prince! I love it!
I am so happy. :) Heidi is the epitome of cute little girlness and I love it. Thanks for the adorable pictures. :D
Oh, and I also think you look pretty dreamy in a skirt. ;)
That is so cute! She sure is a doll, and not a dull moment around! And Em, you ARE lovely all the time, looking just like a dream! ;)
Oh Man! That's the best compliment I've ever heard! I'm glad you recorded that one for future reference, when she might not think you are so dreamy;) But then, of course, princesses always have kind things to say to and do for their mother.
Enjoy it Em! Halle has now told me that she is too old to like princesses. Ahhh! I remember these sweet two year old princess days...it scares me how fast it's going by.
Love the pics! Love you
Tooooooo cute! Lovely like her mommy! Can't wait till my 3 princesses (Okay, Cami's into babies more than princesses) can play with Her, they'll have so much fun!!!
sounds pretty intense. i can only imagine how specail she is feeling inside in her christmas dress. Oh Heidi. Prince LUke asked for you today. It's just funny how different boys and girls are without suggestion.
Jennifer says: That is hilarious! It makes me want a little sister for Jason so she can be so cute and funny!
That is too cute! Heidi is so great :) I'm glad that princess Heidi can put up with rough and tumble Dylon!
Way cute post!! Ahhh, aren't girls just GREAT!!
That is the funniest thing I have read all day. She just cracks me up! Guess next time you guys come over we'll have to have a priness tea party.
Don't forget your princess outfits because heaven knows we'll be booted from the party if we aren't dressed appropriately! :)
Oh Emily! You captured the ULTIMATE little princess scenario...I was feeling quite at home reading your post! You tell Heidi she can come to my house ANYTIME if she'll make sure to bring all of her "dreamy" comments with her! What a perfect little 'pick me up' for a great mommy!
Post a Comment