Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy Birthday to our Heidi!

Our little girl is 3. She has filled the last 3 years with more personality, fun, emotions, and vibrancy than I ever could have imagined. She is passionate and expressive about life and experiences everything with excitement.





The Saturday before her birthday we celebrated her big day with a gathering of dear friends. Heidi was soooo excited to have a party! It was her day to be a princess.
Mommy & Daddy (okay, so mostly Daddy) had fun making this princess cake. She was quite thrilled with the outcome.




Can you see how excited she was when she opened this princess doll?
Her sweet and generous friends knew just what makes Heidi happy!



Bubble blowing at the park with friends. Does it get any better?

















At age 3:
Heidi...
- is very talkative and social with those she knows. She is shy with strangers as first.
- is doing a great job learning all about letters of the alphabet and what sounds they make.
- loves "talking with her hands" (sign language).
- sings all the time!
- easily memorizes things (songs, parts of movies, etc.)
- loves to play with her friends.
- enjoys being outside. Especially riding her tricycle or going to the park.
- wants to wear a dress everyday and loves all things "princess".
- is an excellent older sister.
- loves airplanes (just like her grandpas and Daddy).
- still takes a nap most everyday. Her emotions get the better of her if she doesn't nap.
- loves to play make believe (play kitchen, babies).

6 comments:

Becky said...

She is so cute, looks like you guys had a great day.

kami said...

I've only met her once but I just love her little personality!! She's so adorable!

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday Heidi!! Can you believe it's been 3 years...seems like you were just pregnant with her!! She is so beautiful!

Beth said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEIDI. Three years old is really fun. I know you'll love it.

Alisa said...

Love the birthday pics! The newborn shot is precious, too. I'm super jealous of the nap thing. :)

wisp said...

What a sweet little girl! I can hardly believe she is 3! Looks like she had a wonderful birthday. And I love that Trent makes birthday cakes. :) We send lots of hugs to your adorable girl.