Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring Break

Trent had spring break last week and we had a great week.
We started things off by a trip to San Diego. This was our first trip as a family that wasn't to Utah.
Here are the kids all packed into the car and ready to go!
They both did wonderfully well while travelling. Nathan required quite a bit of entertainment but stayed happy for almost the whole drive. Heidi was almost completely self-entertained with drawing, singing, and playing with toys. She seemed like we could've driven to Florida and back without a problem. Phew.

We stayed 30 minutes north of San Diego in gorgeous Carlsbad. When we arrived we settled into our room, went out and stocked up on groceries, and returned for a mini birthday party. We had celebrated Heidi's birthday the week earlier but somehow had to commerate the real deal. So, we had some carrot cake and she was thrilled!


The next day was Sunday and we headed down to El Cajon to attend church with my cousin and her husband. Afterwards we went to their place for lunch...always delicious at their house! Home grown produce galore. So fun to spend the day with them. On our way back to Carlsbad we were able to stop and visit our friends, the Neal's. We love to chat with you guys- wish you lived closer! I thought this was an adorable picture of our kids and handsome Jason:


So, at the last minute my sister and four of her kids decided to come down and stay at the same resort we were at! On Monday, we shared a great beach day with them. What a great surprise to have them there with us!
McKay, Mya, and Heidi enjoying the beach:


The kids LOVED playing around in the hotel room. Heidi and Nathan had to check out the underside of the hide-a-bed:

Heidi, Daddy, and Nathan taking it all in:

Fun in the hotel tubby:
See all the seals taking a sunbath on the beach? Heidi loved watching them!
Daddy and Heidi walking by the beach:
Heidi and Mya watching the seals:
The whole group:
Oh, how I love the ocean.
Before we knew it, our short trip was over and it was time to head back to our desert home. Here is our sweet girl on the ride home...just waking up from a nap.
Even though we were sad for the vacation fun to end, time at home with Trent off of school was great! Trent went into turbo home-improvement mode upon returning home and was able to tackle some great projects. He completely organized and cleaned the garage and made new pantry shelves. I was pretty excited! And so was Nathan. That boy sure loves tools, loud noises, and getting into Daddy's projects:

mischief.See those new, sturdy wood shelves? I had small wire shelves before the big fix-it. These have sooo much more storage capacity-I'm in heaven! Thank you honey!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Is it weird that I think the best picture is the clean and organized pantry? I'm jealous! Nice work Trent!

Di said...

LOVE the new shelves, and totally jealous about the seals at the resort! What a fun trip!

Logan and Tanya said...

I should say in heaven! Those shelves look great! And so did the beach/Calif trip! Yeah for vacations!

The Gentry's said...

So fun, I love the red nail polish on Heidi!

Beth said...

this inspires me to at least organize my pantry asap. San diego looks divine.

Alisa said...

What fun pictures! Loved the beach pics. And I'm also jealous of your pantry. So clean...organized...sigh.