Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter

We had a fantastic Easter full of lots of celebrations. Somehow, my pictures didn't really upload in the right order but I'll just recap the events of the holiday the best I can!

Heidi was very ready for our own family egg hunt. She woke up to find the Easter Bunny had left her some treats hidden throughout the house. Much to my delight, she wasn't scared of the idea of a bunny leaving her treats (like she was of Santa!). In fact, she was pretty disappointed that she missed seeing him :)

Daddy and Heidi dying eggs. *funny side note: At the time of this picture our hanging dining room light was swaying back and forth. I thought Trent must've hit his head on the light causing it to sway. Nope! We found out later we were experiencing the aftershocks of the Tijuana earthquake!


A week before Easter some friends of ours held their 2nd Annual Egg Hunt and Potluck. Heidi had looked forward to it for days. It did not disappoint! She was thrilled to party with her friends and enjoyed a great egg hunt.

Nathan seemed to get into the spirit of things!
My favorite part about this picture is that the egg is blurry. He thought they were great rattles.

Trent was asked to interpret at the Mesa Temple Pageant this year for the ASL visitors. I was able to take Heidi one night and we got to watch from the front row. He did a fantastic job and enjoyed being able to share his talents to help the Deaf community. Here he is in his costume with his team interpreter:

The three of us (Nathan had to stay home and go to bed) before the pageant:
This was my first time seeing the pageant in Mesa and it was great. It was such a powerful witness of Christ's life as it told His story. It touched my heart with the meaning of the life of Jesus Christ and His resurrection. It was most excellent and I'm so glad Trent got to be involved.
*pictures of the following will come soon: The Friday before Easter I was able to take the kids (Trent had school) to an Easter breakfast and egg hunt with Trent's grandparents and their posterity. It was a gorgeous, sunny morning and we really enjoyed the time to relax with family and celebrate Easter together. Afterwards, Monica and cousin Oakley came to our house for a cousin easter egg coloring party. The kids loved giving their eggs a "bath" to turn them into easter eggs!

4 comments:

wisp said...

What a beautiful Easter you've had! I love the picture of Heidi and Trent coloring eggs. It's so sweet.

Alisa said...

Yay for Easter stuff! I didn't know Trent was dressed up. Fun. And I LOVE the pic of Nathan gleefully shaking the egg.

Di said...

Yay for fun times! I've been meaning to call you! Guess you did feel the quake. Love your pink shirt! ;)

Dionne said...

Trent! That's great that you got to interpret that -- I only wish I could have seen you ;)