Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nifty Thrifty Saturday

Day started with a treasure hunt (aka garage sale hunting) for me. It had been a long time since I'd gone and WOW, there were sooo many sales. I went for an hour and a half and could have easily gone 2 more hours as I passed by a lot of signs.
For $10 I got:

2 name brand baby dresses that I will resell on consignment, pair of shorts for Nathan for next year, shirt for Nathan for this year, 3 ties (hooray, been looking for some but not wanting to spend much for them), sand truck

3 vintage posters of "community helpers" to go in Nathan's room, faux jack-o-lantern with light inside, children's book, few yards of new fabric, new basket with tags.

This sweet blessing dress. I plan on consigning this. I think it is soo lovely and simple but I already have one that I plan on using if I have another girl in the future.
After a morning of housework, we went to our neighborhood party that our HOA/builder put on for the residents. It was so fun. They had a bounce house, petting zoo animals, games for the kids, and a barbeque. Our neighborhood isn't very big so the kids had the bounce house mostly to themselves! Dream come true!
They also had several door-prize drawings to enter and of course, we entered them all! The very last item to be called was a new gas grill. And, what do you know? Trent's number was called. The announcer said it could be ours if Trent would come up and claim it by saying loudly over the microphone, "Winner, winner, chicken dinner!" What a good sport he was to play along and say it 3 times until it was loud and cheesy enough to please the crowd.
So, we came home with this beauty:
The kids decided to pretend that the 12 dancing princesses lived in this cabinet. Nathan sure has to go along with a lot of Heidi's ideas :) This cabinet will definitely get locked when there is propane inside!

I'm thrilled with the idea of being able to do more of my cooking outdoors during these HOT summer months that are around the corner.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Way to go!! I love garage sales. You got some great stuff. I would love going to garage sales with you!

Sarah and Trent said...

What a deal! I love bargains!!! And Congrats to Trent winning the grill. That is awesome and we can't wait to come over for a BBQ :)

Alisa said...

Nice garage sale finds! And the grill is amazing! We can swap bbq ideas this summer.

Amy said...

Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner! Wish I could have been there to see that.