The kids and I took a nice little trip to Utah while Trent was gone. It was right in the middle of his trip so it broke it up nicely for us.
We didn't have too much planned for the trip other than spending some nice time with family. Goal accomplished. The kids always have such a great time with their grandparents and cousins. We were pretty laid back and didn't get to see everyone and do everything that we wanted to because we knew we were going up in July for a much longer time.
The kids wanted to go down to the hangar and check out the airplane with Grandpa. It was cold and rainy so they took bikes and scooter and rode around inside. My mom and I slipped away for a few minutes to the fabric store while they played with Grandpa. When we came back this is the sight I found:
I just think they are the cutest little pilots.
They were talking to eachother on these headsets.
Grammy had a trip planned and had to leave about 4 days after we got there. So, during the days before she had to leave we had some great play times. She is so good at playing and make the kids feel so special.
While the rain poured and poured outside we had a lovely picnic up in the loft. Peanut butter and apricot jelly on homemade bread. Does life get better than that?
When the sun peeked through for a bit we got to play on Grammy's swings and trampoline. In Heidi's eyes, nobody in the whole wide world pushes a swing as well as Grammy does.
Yes, it rained almost everyday we were there. AND we had to wear jackets. Pretty unusual for us Arizona folk. We quite enjoyed the cozy weather.
Walking back and forth from one grandparents house to the another grandparents house will be a special memory for these kids. They are so lucky to have some of their most favorite people living on the same corner.
Walking to Grammy's house...
Uncle Ben was doing some sprinkler repair work and Nathan needed no prompting to know that he was to be his little worker buddy. Dirt, shovels, and worms make a little boy very happy.
My parent's dog had puppies and we got to go meet them. They are staying with the previous owner until they are weaned so we made a field trip out of it and went to meet Abby and pups. My kids LOVED them.
I wish I had pictures of the kiddos playing in my parents basement. They recently remodeled it and my wonderful mother arranged the toys just so and made it into a child's wonderland downstairs. It was so easy to settle in for a few days and the kids couldn't have been happier with the treasures they found. Even all the old picture books that I grew up with were there. Have you read your own children the beloved copies of your stories from when you were little? It's a great feeling to share those memories.
What a fun trip. Each time we go we just realize how much we love to spend time with our families. Can't wait until next time.
2 comments:
I don't think I've really talked to you about your UT trip...it sounds like it was so much fun!
Wow, those pics all look so...GREEN! Sigh. It looks like so much fun. And I'm jealous you got to see rain!
Post a Comment