Friday, September 9, 2011

Family Reunion!

Trent's family had their family reunion while we were up north so we decided to go along. We camped in the most beautiful campsite in Island Park, Idaho. It could not have been a nicer spot for a family camp-out! Perfectly suited to a large group with lots of kids located amidst gorgeous surroundins. 
We hitched a ride with Grammy and Grandpa. 


On our drive up we all had to meet "Amazing Race" requirements. One of these was a stop at a gas station in Rexburg. Nathan was lucky enough to be the official window washer.

Now I share a conglomeration of pictures of this event, unfortunately not in order :)



Here are some of the little ones eating with Aunt Dacia. And the cute family flag line up in the back.
I must give a BIG shout out to Dacia. She was sooo nice to be willing to sleep in my tent with me and the kidlets. I had reservations about going camping without a husband and one of those reservations was the thought of having to get up with a child in the night leaving the other one in the dark, bear infested woods by themselves. Well, that did happen one night (Nathan saying, "I want milk!" over and over again...ring a bell anyone?) So Dacia stayed bravely in the tent while I crept bravely through the woods to stay in the van until Nathan simmered down. Not to mention it was super fun to have some late night chats after not seeing her for nearly two years.


There were so many fun activities and many good memories were made! One of our highlights was the Kid Carnival that the Binghams organized.
 Patiently waiting at the fishing pond to see what kinds of treasures might be there...
 Cute Shayla ran the pond behind the scenes.

 Ring toss

 Balloon swords!


Face painting courtesy of Uncle Matt


My little worker guy had to bring his shovel. And he was pleased to find out it matches Grandpa Chuck's! 


Late night game nights in the "hut". Little mice scurrying around our feet...yikes! Capri protecting Dacia from them...is that where you are, Capri? Off finding the mice? I thought you were in this picture? I'm not sure what is happening on the right hand side of the picture?? haha...


We had a Minute to Win It night with all sorts of fun games for all ages. Above is Heidi vs. Oakley in an M&M color matching game. 


Nathan vs. Cayson. Took major concentration for the little guys. 



Grammy with her grandkids! 


The Bingham's quad was a major hit. Especially for Nathan. 

 We had a marshmallow house building contest one morning. Some pretty impressive structures were the result! 

As you can see, we had lots of adventures and a whole lot of fun. The very best part was the chance to see family from near and far and strengthen bonds and make wonderful memories! 

2 comments:

Dacia said...

Em! I love this post! Mainly because it reminds me of how much I LOVE your children, and how thankful I am for the chance I had to spend a little extra quality time with you and them---bless that tent. :) Thanks for letting me bunk it out with you. We really made it work. :) Love you!

Alisa said...

Looks so fun! I love the pictures.