Thursday, September 8, 2011

24th of July Festivities

I was so excited to have the chance to be in Utah over the 24th of July this year. It is a big holiday up there and it was fun to be able to share a childhood memory with my children. 
We started celebrating a couple days before with the rodeo. It was Heidi's first rodeo and I had so much fun being there with her. She is very enthusiastic about life in general and experiencing new things with her is one of my joys of motherhood. 
Here she is ready and waiting:


Yes, she is wearing a jacket and it's July. I forget there are parts of the world where it gets chilly at night :)



Here she is watching the beginning of bull-riding. A little unsure of why those guys would be doing that...



Heidi and I went to Chuck-a-Rama with my parents before hand and she thought it was super special. 
Nathan got to stay home with Aunt Dacia and had a great time and still talks about their little "date". 


A couple days later we got to participate in the festivities and parade on the 23rd. 


Here is Nathan with chocolate colored drool from eating candy at the parade!



Heidi and Sadie watching the parade with Aunt Christine.


Cousin Abe in character for the parade. 


Heidi got to ride in her first parade! She hopped on the primary float with some cousins and had a grand time waving to all the onlookers. 

Heidi and Cousin Wilson


Very fun parade in a gorgeous setting. Brought back lots of memories for me. 


Nathan was more than content to watch from the sidelines in his little chair. Especially thrilled with the firetrucks passing by. 




1 comment:

Alisa said...

I love Heidi's face when she's looking at the bulls. That's the face I make too when I see that sort of stuff! lol