Sunday, January 29, 2012

Celebrating the New Year in Utah


The day after Christmas we loaded up for the drive north to be with family.  It was the first time since moving to Arizona that Trent has been around to make the drive with us. Boy, it sure is more fun to go with two adults along! The drive ended up being quite fun, even though it is long and most of the scenery looks a lot like this! 
The kids were amazing and were entertained almost the whole way with coloring and some Christmas toys. 

The kids are so blessed to have wonderful grandparents on both sides of the street. Lots of fun and cuddles when we are there. 
Grammy whipped up this adorable hat for Heidi. 



And Grandma whipped up this sweet doll afghan for Heidi. When we were there last time she let Heidi choose the color combinations and then they finished it together. And obviously she has some help from Nathan also!


We enjoyed exchanging some (after) Christmas gifts. 

I kinda love that his eyes are closed in this picture as he anticipates the loud noise his hammer will make!

 Nathan and Christine tinker on the piano. Actually, they provided the soundtrack to yet another one of Heidi's "dance classes" that she seems to enjoy conducting. Her relatives are so very cooperative with her schemes!

 Game Nights were enjoyed!

 Trent and I enjoyed our annual outing to Salt Lake for our dental dinner. As usual we wandered through Temple Square after our dinner to take a gander at the lights. Aunt Lisa was SO nice to keep the kids that evening so we could spend the night up there. It's amazing how free and relaxing it feels to just get away for a few hours together. 

Trent's family was gone for part of our stay and we were so excited when they came back into town on Thursday! 
They brough a gazzilion papers cups home with them so Trent enjoyed making towers with them?? Not sure what to say about this picture...

The girls were such troopers to go spend the day at the mall with us and helped us both with our eyeglass selection and kid entertainment. 
Nathan looks kinda cute with glasses, huh?

We were excited to be there to help celebrate the multitude of after-holiday family birthdays! We had a family birthday party/dinner at my folks house in the early hours of New Year's Eve for my dad, Ben, and Christine (and McKay too if he would have been in town!).

New Year's Eve's later hours were spent with Trent's family (and Ben and Christine) playing games and generally relaxing. 
 Oh, how we LOVE being with our families. 

*disclaimer- if you are someone who I wanted to see on this trip and didn't I'm SO sorry. Somehow I managed to see nobody who wasn't a family member. I had the best of intentions but have decided if I'm not there longer than a week the time gets vacuumed up like nobody's business! I'm coming this spring and hope for a couple great friend reunions! (and the annual!)

1 comment:

Di said...

We better better better get together when you're here next! It's been WAY too long! I understand about the time disappearing though...and at least once a week I try to figure out how I can squeeze in a trip to see you...