Monday, January 23, 2012

December Happenings

December was a wonderful, busy month. We had a lot going on but I felt so blessed to be able to soak in the kids' anticipation and excitement for the holiday. It really was a special time for all of us.
Just like last year, Trent put Christmas lights up on the exterior of the house. He was really busy with school and mostly with studying for his board exam so it was a trick to find time to do it this year. But we bought the lights to add to the Christmas magic for the kiddos and so he made it a point to get them up with plenty of time to enjoy them. They can see the lights on the dormer from their window and it lights up there room in a really cozy way. 
I love this picture of Heidi in the light of the Christmas lights with visions of sugar plums dancing through her head! Yes, it is night outside even though it looks awfully light out there. 


Family night walks to look at Christmas lights. One of the benefits of an Arizona December night!

 Reading stories by the Christmas tree. 
I'm trying to expand my collection of great Christmas books because this is a tradition we ALL love.

We had a fun visit from the Smith family. We were happy we got to catch up with them while they visited family in town. The kids loved playing together. 

There is no picture for this story but I do want to document it as part of our December. One of Trent's patients is the conductor of the mixed chorus at a very large 55+ community in town. She invited us to their big Christmas production and we really looked forward to the night. We were able to get a sitter for the kids and attend together. We were the youngest couple by 30 years or so and the place was PACKED. I had no idea what a big production it would be. They sang many old favorites and classic Christmas carols and it was so fun to be part of the night. Trent's patient did a great job conducting and she had requested that we come find her afterwards so she could chat with Trent and have a chance to meet me. As soon as she spotted Trent she shouted out excitedly,"Trent! You came!" and ran over and gave him a big hug. She could not wait to introduce him to her friends..."Jerry! Come over and meet my dentist!" I wish I could have captured the look on Jerry's face as he processed the fact that she had invited her dentist to the Christmas concert. Very fun night. I believe we are scheduled to make it to the spring concert, as well. :)

We have shopping quite convenient to our house and we decided one day to make a family shopping outing by walking to Target. Somehow it made the shopping extra fun to do it all by foot. And good exercise too!
Nathan jogging along the dirt path:

We had to stuff our findings in our stroller basket!

Kids and Mommy making the trek to the store. 


1 comment:

Kevin & Mari said...

Hello my dear Amelia Crouton!

Hahaha! I am catching up on your blog tonight. It has been too long. The kids are getting so big! Love the sugar plum dancing through her head photo. Such a sweetie. And Nathan is so yummy too.

Loves! Ttyl