Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Mother's Day

My Mother's Day was very special thanks to my sweet husband.
I got to sleep in an extra hour while Trent got the kids up and going. Not only was he keeping the peace downstairs, he was making breakfast! The whole gang brought up a yummy breakfast in bed. Let's be honest about the fact that my eyes can barely open in the below picture... I was still a wee bit sleepy. But very happy to have such a fun breakfast to share with my family.

Heidi was very excited to share my muffins and chocolate milk!
Trent's Sunday morning is usually taken up by church meetings. One of the very best surprises of the day was that he only had a half hour meeting and then spent the rest of the morning at home with us. Bliss!

Here I am with my sweet kiddos on our way to church.
After church Trent was able to come home with us (another unusual perk of the day!) and made a delicious lasagna dinner. Isn't it just the best to have someone else cook for you?
After I got the kids tucked in I came downstairs to a BIG treat.
He had made this HUGE ice cream sundae in a mixing bowl. Don't worry, I shared with Trent!

(No, I didn't plan on wearing an ice cream shirt while getting my picture taken with the world's largest ice cream sundae...I had just gotten in my jammies and happened to be wearing this t-shirt!)


How grateful I am to be a mother and to have Trent who fully supports me in this role! I cannot imagine life without Heidi and Nathan. Yes, caring for two little ones can be hard and exhausting. But, I can honestly say I am very, very happy with my life right now and wouldn't change anything. I love sharing my days with these two sweet ones and only hope and pray that I can be the kind of mother they need me to be.



4 comments:

wisp said...

Oh, this is the sweetest! Good job, Trent! You are an awesome mother, Emily. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful mother's day! :)

Dacia said...

Emily, you already are the kind of mother any child could every wish for and so much more! You are so great! I'm glad you had such a great Mother's Day! Your family sure is super cute! I sure love you!

Dan/Kealy said...

I'm glad you had such an awesome day! Trent did a great job :)

Monica said...

I was just looking at the picture of you in your bed with breakfast, again...and I noticed the SILK. I thought, how interesting, I didn't know they drank that. But, then I remembered that Trent got that as a sample at my tri, the same place we tried and loved the chocolate milk:) I was laughing when I realized that!